By: Public Health – Seattle & King County’s Zero Youth Detention Initiative
On July 9th, Zero Youth Detention (ZYD) published a Request for Proposals (RFP) to provide community-based support for youth on Electronic Home Monitoring (EHM) and their families. If this describes your interest or if you know an organization that is a good match, please continue reading to learn more.
This contract(s) will be managed by ZYD under the leadership of Public Health — Seattle & King County. ZYD is a partner, convener and influencer within departments in the juvenile legal system. Currently, the Juvenile Court Division of King County Superior Court, can order young people to EHM as part of their court requirements when they are alleged to have committed a crime.
ZYD seeks to contract with one or more community-based organization(s) to meet the needs of youth and their families impacted by EHM, as defined by the youth and families. The intended outcome of this project is for youth and family members or guardians to benefit from interventions that are therapeutic, restorative, strengths-based, racially and ethnically affirming and founded on culturally appropriate practices that emphasize healing. Eligible applicants have the opportunity to meet the needs of families on EHM and partner with King County legal system partners and ZYD.
All youth in King County deserve to grow into happy, healthy adults. Youth placed on EHM have a better chance of avoiding engagement with the juvenile legal system in the future and having positive experiences when they are paired with community-based supports and appropriate therapeutic interventions. ZYD calls for partnering with youth, families, employees, and communities and building on their strengths so that communities are safe, and all youth have the opportunity to be happy, healthy, and thriving.
This intervention supports the five overarching objectives of ZYD while partnering with the Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention, the Department of Public Defense, and Juvenile Court Services.
Information is now available online. Click this link to access the full details.
RFP proposals must be submitted no later than Thursday, August 13th, 12pm pst.
*Technical support is available for organizations with a budget under $2 million. For more information, visit the EHM RFP site.
On-demand information sessions for applicants:
- Monday, July 20 — Click here to view the recorded session on-demand. Materials used during the session can be found here.
- Wednesday, July 22 — Click here to view the recorded session on-demand. Materials used during the session can be found here.
* View the FAQ Sheet created from questions asked during the information session.
The information below is a tentative schedule of important dates. Please be mindful that the dates listed here are subject to change:
- July 9, 2020 — Request for Applications issued
- July 20 & 22, 2020 — Information Sessions
- August 3, 2020 — Final Day to ask questions
- August 6, 2020 — Final Addendum issued (if necessary)
- August 13, 2020 — RFP Proposals Due by 12:00 PM pst
- September 14, 2020 — Interviews with applicants (if necessary)
- September 28, 2020 — Notice of Selection and Non-Selection
- September 28 – October 2 — Appeals process
- October 7, 2020 — Selected RFP Grantees Published
- November 4, 2020 — Agreement start date
For more information about ZYD, please visit our website at: https://zeroyouthdetention.com/.